Cristo Rey San Jose: Vision Statement
We are women and men for others who work, learn, lead, and succeed.
The Cristo Rey Graduate at Graduation:
Striving for Justice: By graduation, a Cristo Rey student…
- is growing in awareness of selfish attitudes and tendencies, consciously seeking to be more understanding, accepting, and generous with others.
- is gaining a sense of compassion and an understanding of solidarity with the marginalized, both locally and globally, through a variety of experiences and reflection.
- is growing in Christian faith and is recognizing that Christ's command to love one another implies a commitment to a just society.
Open to Growth: By graduation, a Cristo Rey student…
- is beginning to take responsibility for his or her own growth as a person, and desires integrity and excellence in multiple facets of one’s life.
- is learning how to accept self, both talents and limitations, with a sense of humility and gratitude.
- cares for his or her own physical and mental health, understands principles of good nutrition, practices healthy habits, and understands the dangers of and avoids the use of controlled substances.
Committed to Faith: By graduation, a Cristo Rey student…
- recognizes the presence of God in all things.
- is beginning to take more responsibility for exploring and affirming one’s own faith, and allows that faith to influence their values, lifestyle, and vocational interests.
- is encountering Jesus Christ, understanding and applying the Gospel message, and striving for true discipleship as a “person for and with others.”
Loving: By graduation, a Cristo Rey student…
- is growing in self-acceptance and in recognizing that he or she is loved by God and others and is able to love God and others.
- is becoming a more compassionate and merciful member of his or her family and community, and is contributing more selflessly to life at home, at school, and at work.
- has begun to identify personal prejudices and stereotypes, and is working to embrace others, especially persons of another race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or socio-economic background.
Intellectually and Professionally Engaged: By graduation, a Cristo Rey student…
- is developing a curiosity to explore ideas and issues and is taking ownership in intellectual and aesthetic pursuits.
- is developing a mastery of critical thinking and problem solving skills and is ethically applying them to school life, the workplace, and new situations.
- is growing as a professional, personable, and effective team player and as a confident self-starter, who is respectful and respectable.