Goals of Service Learning
The specific goals for the Service Learning Program are:
- To make a visible effort to act justly in regards to poverty, oppression, and marginalization in the surrounding and international community.
- Instill in our students a worldwide concern for justice and social action in response to the Gospel Call.
- To guide students in the spiritual experience of service through prayerful reflection.
- To challenge students to use the knowledge they are gaining in the classroom to benefit the community and those in need.
- To enhance the curriculum of the school by providing quality and meaningful opportunities of service.
- To assist the faculty and staff in expanding the curriculum to include service to those most in need in our community and the environment.
- To coordinate local and international service immersion experiences for students.