Cristo Rey San José is a Jesuit, Catholic high school that empowers students from underserved communities in San José to be men and women for others who are prepared spiritually, academically, and professionally to complete college and who will become accomplished leaders committed to a lifelong pursuit of learning, faith, and justice.
Explore the history of the Cristo Rey Network.
Cristo Rey San José is a Jesuit school. All Jesuits and apostolic partners are asked to do the following:
- Cultivate intellectual depth and apply Ignatian discernment to decision-making, charisms distinctive to our way of proceeding.
- Develop personal relationships with the poor to deepen our vocations and to better respond, individually as well as institutionally, to their needs.
- Leverage our institutions and networks of relationships in favor of the poor and the vulnerable.
- Serve as bridges between peoples who are estranged due to cultural, political, or socioeconomic differences.
- Care for the earth, our common home, with institutions and Jesuit communities using their resources to advance environmental justice.